UnlockGsM

Welcome To UnlockGsm Forum,

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to Register before you can post, click the register box below to proceed. To start posting messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Enjoy & Have Fun!

UnlockGsM Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UnlockGsM

Welcome To UnlockGsm Forum,

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to Register before you can post, click the register box below to proceed. To start posting messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Enjoy & Have Fun!

UnlockGsM Staff

UnlockGsM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UnlockGsM

WELCOME TO UnlockGsM FORUM

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» V3X NOT CHARGING(no response)sulotion done
Local mode problem & test mode problem, some general facts!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2012, 10:48 am by paulian

» unlockgsm RULES
Local mode problem & test mode problem, some general facts!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Jun 2011, 4:04 pm by D'MasteR™

» SL3 Unlocking & Dead boot Services by: NuNuY
Local mode problem & test mode problem, some general facts!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 8:18 pm by UnlockGsm

» Mobile Chat Avacs
Local mode problem & test mode problem, some general facts!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 8:58 pm by not

» musta na mga kabaro
Local mode problem & test mode problem, some general facts!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011, 1:31 pm by hymtone

» newbie po...
Local mode problem & test mode problem, some general facts!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011, 1:26 pm by hymtone

» SE R300 phone lock! Done by SEtool
Local mode problem & test mode problem, some general facts!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Mar 2011, 11:38 am by tekamots

» Arieth Mu Online
Local mode problem & test mode problem, some general facts!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011, 1:16 am by MartinX-ariethAD

» SE w350a AT&T lock. unlock by setool smoothly
Local mode problem & test mode problem, some general facts!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 1:21 pm by tekamots

Navigation

Keywords

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Local mode problem & test mode problem, some general facts!!!!

hymtone
    hymtone

Male Posts : 6

Local mode problem & test mode problem, some general facts!!!! Empty Local mode problem & test mode problem, some general facts!!!!

Post by hymtone Mon 17 May 2010, 4:20 pm

What is local mode?

Local mode is triggered either by a service battery / jig from Nokia being used to power the phone,
    A faulty battery, a faulty phone or the phone has got "liquid ingress” also indicate local mode in display

See this picture

Local mode problem & test mode problem, some general facts!!!! Bateryres

s in the above picture when BSI is grounded with a resistor of
    5.1k to 7k1 and insert battery, nokia sets displays local/test mode on screen

By this way we can trigger the set in to local mode and software operation through USB

Local mode is triggered for reading & writing phone pm area (EEPROM),
    File system formatting etc.

What is test mode?

Test mode is for doing file system removing like full factory defaults
    Also can do pm area re-writing and for unlocking the phone

Some phones displays either of these modes directly when battery is inserted to the phone
    and we gets in this condition for repairing

This may be either by a faulty battery or damaged hardware in the handset.
    We can assume this is a BSI related fault

TEST THE PHONE WITH A WORKING BATTERY

Now what is BSI?

BSI, the thermistor used to sense the battery temperature and shut down the charger
    Their is an internal circuit from power IC to BSI lead of battery
    this circuit manages charging mechanism and battery sensing.

Local mode problem & test mode problem, some general facts!!!! BSI

Faulty parts in this BSI circuit may lead to the local/test mode

Or finally we have to suspect power ic

Here NOKIA 1200 schematic is used to illustrate BSI way and possible reasons for this fault.

Local mode problem & test mode problem, some general facts!!!! Connector

Local mode problem & test mode problem, some general facts!!!! Uem

he blue colored parts are related to the BSI function .we have to trace from battery connector, capacitors, and then other parts. These parts can be identified by reading the higher level schematic of the phone. By following this logic you may be able to trace local mode in any nokia phone

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 4:40 am